1. National Cancer Institute. SEER stat fact sheets: breast cancer. http:// seer.cancer.gov/statfacts/html/breast.html. Accessed September 26, 2016.
2. American Cancer Society. Breast Cancer Facts & Figures 2003-2004. Atlanta, GA: American Cancer Society; 2003.
3. International Agency for Research on Cancer. Breast cancer: estimated incidence, mortality and prevalence worldwide in 2012. http://globocan.iarc.fr/Pages/fact_sheets_cancer.aspx. Accessed September 26, 2016
4. Cardoso F, Costa A, Norton L, et al. 1st International consensus guidelines for advanced breast cancer (ABC 1). Breast. 2012;21(3):242- 252.
5. Lu J, Steeg PS, Prince JE, et al. Breast cancer metastasis: challenges and opportunities. Cancer Res 2009;69:4951-4953.
6.World Health Organization. Projections of mortality and causes of death, 2015 and 2030. http://www.who.int/healthinfo/global_ burden_disease/projections/en/. Updated July 2013. Accessed September 26, 2016
7. O'Shaughnessy J. Extending survival with chemotherapy in MBC. Oncologist 2005:10.
8. Pfizer Inc. Global Status of Advanced/Metastatic Breast Cancer: 2005-2015 Decade Report. http://breastcancervision.com. Published March 2016. Accessed September 26, 2016.
9. Living with secondary breast cancer. Breast Cancer Care. https://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/information-support/secondary-metastatic-breast-cancer/living-secondary-breast-cancer. Accessed September 26, 2016.
10. Weide R, Feiten S, Friesenhahn V, et al. Metastatic breast cancer: prolongation of survival in routine care is restricted to hormonereceptor- and Her2-positive tumors. Springerplus. 2014;3:535
11. Lobbezoo DJA, van Kampen RJW, Voogd AC, et al. Prognosis of metastatic breast cancer subtypes: the hormone receptor/HER2- positive subtype is associated with the most favorable outcome. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2013;141:507-514.
12. Cancer Experience Registry Index Report 2013-2014. Elevating the patient voice. http://www.cancersupportcommunity.org/MainMenu/ ResearchTraining/Elevating-the-Patient-Voice.pdf. Accessed September 26, 2016.
13. Luoma ML, Hakamies-Blomqvist L. The meaning of quality of life in patients being treated for advanced breast cancer: a qualitative study. Psycho-Oncology. 2004;13(10):729-739.
14. MBC Alliance Report. Available at http://www.mbcalliance.org/docs/MBCA_Full_Report_Landscape_Analysis.pdf. Accessed September 26, 2016.
15. Pfizer Inc., working collaboratively with the European School of Oncology (ESO) and within the scope of the Advanced Breast Cancer Third International Consensus Conference (ABC3), commissioned The Global Status of Advanced/Metastatic Breast Cancer Decade Report